This Meal Prep Grilled Lime Chicken and Avocado Salad is a delicious, bright and crunchy, packed with high protein, vegetables and HEALTHY fats to keep you full throughout the day. Lunchtimes should not be boring, and this flavoursome salad proves this!
Chicken & Marinade:
- Boneless & skinless Chicken Thighs – x 8
- Ground cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
- Black Pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh lime juice – 2 x limes
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 x tablespoons
- Fresh chopped coriander – large handful (cilantro)
- Fresh baby spinach – 1 x small salad bag (approximately 90g – 130g)
- Tomatoes – 4 x sliced into quarters
- Cucumber – 1 x chopped into quarters
- Boiled eggs – x 4
- Fresh or tinned sweetcorn – 240 grams (approximately 1 x small can)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/2 x teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Ripe Avocado – x 1
- Fresh lemon Juice – x 2 lemons
- Coriander – x 2 large handfuls (cilantro)
- Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried thyme – 2 teaspoons
- Cold water – 150ml
- White wine vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pre-heat a griddle pan to a medium heat and bring a small pot of water to boil on your stove. There should be with enough water to cover 4 eggs. Add the eggs and cook for 8 minutes. Once cooked peel the eggs and the add to a bowl of ice-cold water, then set aside.
- Whilst the eggs are boiling put the chicken thighs into a large food bag, add the spices, salt, black pepper, half of the chopped coriander, juice from 1 x lime and olive oil. Then seal the food bag, mix the contents and set aside to marinade.
- Place the sliced cucumbers and tomatoes to a bowl then mix with 1 x tablespoon of olive oil, oregano and salt & pepper to taste. Assemble the salad by placing the spinach on the base layer of your 4 meal prep bowls. Then add equal amounts of the tomatoes, cucumber, peeled boiled eggs and sweetcorn to each bowl.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pre-heated grill and cook on each side for 8 mins*. Once cooked add the remaining juice from 1 x lime and remaining chopped coriander. Leave the chicken thighs to cool on a plate, slice into pieces, then add to your meal prep bowls.
- For the avocado dressing add the peeled avocado, coriander, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, water, 150ml cold water, dried thyme and garlic powder to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, add a dash of cold water if the dressing is not pouring consistency. You can add all the dressing to an air tight glass bottle** & the remainder to 4 individual sauce pots****.
* Ensure the chicken is cooked all the way through, cut the center of one thigh to test this. You may need more cooking time subject to the size of your thighs, if needed just add back to the grill until cooked.
**The additional avocado dressing will keep for 5 days refrigerated. I usually take my bottle dressing to work so I can add additional dressing to my salads.
*** Boiled eggs – Cook for a further 2-3 minutes if you prefer a hard-boiled egg
**** Where can I get sauce pots from? – I order my plastic sauce pots from Amazon. Search: Disposable Plastic 2oz Sauce Pots and purchase from your preferred vendor. If you have small reusable pots/tubs at home that can work great too!
- Category: Meal Prep
Keywords: Meal Prep, Grilled Lime Chicken, Chicken Salad, Avocado Dressing, Meal Prep Salad Recipe