A lighter version of a take out favourite, these yummy Easy Beef and Broccoli Meal Prep Bowls are packs full of flavour, high protein, nutrition and will yield 4 lunch bowls in just 35 minutes!
- Sirloin steak – 2 x steaks finely sliced with the fat removed
- Cornflour – 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda- 3 teaspoons
- Cold water – 150ml
- Light soy sauce – 75ml
- Sriracha sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 3 x cloves finely chopped
- Fresh ginger – A thumb-size amount finely chopped
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seed oil – 2 x tablespoons
- Spring onions x finely sliced
- Whole fresh broccoli – 1 x chopped into chunks/florets
- Instant microwaveable Jasmine Rice – 2 x 250g packets
- Spring onions – 1 x stalk finely sliced for garnish – optional
- Chopped green chilli – optional
- Add the sliced sirloin steak and baking soda to a bowl then mix. Cover the bowl and place into the fridge for 5 minutes to tenderise the meat.
- In a separate bowl add another 2 teaspoons of Cornflour and mix with 3 tablespoons of water until dissolved into a paste. In the same bowl then add the Cold water 100ml, light soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, honey, and sliced spring onions.
- Add your wok/saute pan to the stove and preheat to a high heat.
- Remove the beef from the fridge and run under a cold tap removing the baking soda coating. Drain the beef with a sieve and pat down with some kitchen towel. Add the beef back to the bowl then mix in 2 teaspoons of Cornflour.
- Add your two tablespoons of sesame seed oil to the pre heated wok/pan, keep on a high heat. Place the beef in the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then pour over the sauce marinade, add the chopped broccoli, reduce for a further 6-7 minutes and stir frequently.
- Once cool add equal amounts of beef and broccoli, cold instant Jasmine rice to 4 meal prep bowls. You can also add some chopped spring and green chilli for extra flavor. When ready to eat microwave for 4 minutes. Your meal prep boils will keep in the fridge for 5 days and freeze well also.
Keywords: Meal Prep, Asian, Take Out, Takeaway, Lunch Bowl, Stir Fry, Beef