A tasty Egg and Avocado Sandwich which would make a perfect Lunch Idea for the week. Meal prep ahead this deep filled filled sandwich with simple ingredients; Avocados, egg salad ,cucumbers and fresh micro herb greens.
- Wholemeal Bread – 4 x slices
- Eggs – x 2
- Micro herb salad or Cress – 2 x small handfuls
- Cucumber Sliced – 1/4 of a small cucumber sliced
- Avocado – 1 x cored and thinly sliced
- Mixed herbs (dried) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise – 1 x teaspoon
- Salad cream – 1 x teaspoon
- Spinach – small handful
- Lemon – 1 lemon
- Butter of choice for spreading
- Sea Salt & Black pepper to taste
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boiling temperature
- Carefully add in the eggs to the saucepan, you need enough boiling water to cover the eggs fully. Boil the eggs on a maximum heat for 8-10 minutes depending on how runny you like your egg yolk. Once cooked peel the eggs and the add to a bowl of ice-cold water, then set aside.
- Cut your cucumber into thick slices.
- Cut and peel your avocado into two pieces and remove the core. Place the two avocado halves onto a chopping board then thinly slice. Once sliced squeeze over the juice from a lemon. This helps stop the Avocado from turning brown & adds flavor too! Season slightly with some freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt
- Clear you chopping board then roughly chop the boil eggs into small pieces and place into a bowl. Then add the mayonnaise, salad cream, herbs, salt, black pepper to taste and mix.
- Spread the two slices of bread with butter, add a layer of egg mixture, spinach, cucumber, the sliced avocado half and then top with some micro herb salad or cress. Slice in half and repeat to make two sandwiches. Cover in your wrap of choice I use grease-proof paper, keep refrigerated for 2-3 days.
*Where can I find micro herb salad mix? For my readers in the UK Mark & Spencer’s have a great Micro Salad Mix. Another great alternative is cress or your favourites salad greens; rocket/arugula, watercress, romaine lettuce etc.
**Not a fan of mayo or salad cream? Swap with 1 teaspoon Greek Yogurt
***Boiled eggs time-saving tip – Boil a kettle full of water ahead of time and add to your sauce pan
Keywords: Egg, Avocado, Meal Prep, Healthy, Sandwich, Salad