This Easy NO YEAST Homemade Greek Yogurt Garlic is a fuss free, quick bread recipe with no need for yeast or hours proving Grilled in minutes and covered in yummy garlic and herb melted butter!
- Self raising flour – 450g
- Greek yogurt – 420g
- Salted butter – 125g
- Fresh Basil – 2 x large handfuls chopped
- Garlic – 6 x cloves finely chopped
- Salt – 1 x teaspoon
- Vegetable oil for greasing the grill
- Pre heat you gridle pan to a medium high heat.
- Sieve your flour and salt into a large bowl. Add your Greek yogurt to the flour mixture then use a large wooden spoon to mix. You will then need to use your hands until the mixture forms a rough dough ball.
- Add some excess flour to a clean work surface, place the dough ball on the surface then kneed for 2-3 minutes. Flour your hands and the dough ball often to prevent the mixture sticking. Once the dough ball is a smooth texture roll into a long sausage log. Use a large knife to then cut the dough log into 10 equal portions. Flour your hands again and use your palms to roll each piece into a small ball.
- Flour a rolling pin and your clean work surface. Place a dough ball on the surface then use the rolling pin to roll the dough into an oblong flat bread shape (approximately half a centimetre thick). Lightly grease you gridle pan, add the flatbread to the grill. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. I usually do two at a time, but this depends on the size of your grill.
- Whilst the flat brads are cooking melt your butter in the microwave for a couple of seconds. Then add your chopped fresh basil and garlic to the melted butter and mix. Once the flat breads are cooked brush with the melted herb/garlic butter mixture, then serve.
Best served hot! But you can also keep in an airtight container once cooked, in a cool area or the fridge. Wrap in foil and reheat in a toaster or oven. The flat breads also freeze well, wrap in foil individually, freeze up to one month.
Keywords: Bread, Baking