This EASY Homemade Nando’s Peri Peri sauce recipe will add some African Birdseye Chilli and Portuguese flavour to your food! NO COOKING required and a helpful video tutorial provided so you can start making your better than take out Nando’s recipes at home!
Peri Peri Sauce Ingredients
- Paprika – 2 x tablespoons
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper – 1 x teaspoon
- Dried basil – 2 x tablespoons
- Dried thyme – 2 x tablespoons
- Oregano – 2 x tablespoons
- Small red onion – ¼ of an onion
- Fresh Parsley – 1 x large handful
- Garlic cloves – 9 x cloves
- African red birds eye chillies – 3 chillies for a mild heat sauce or 10 + chillies for a hot spice level
- Green chilli – x 1
- Bay leaved – x 2
- Sweet red bell pepper – x 1
- Lemon peel – 2 x thin slices of lemon peel/skin
- Lemon Juice – Juice from 6 x lemons
- White wine vinegar – x 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil – 100ml
- Cold water – 250ml
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor excluding the vegetable oil
- Blend the ingredients
- Once the sauce is formed start to add the vegetable oil to the sauce
- Add the sauce to airtight bottles or an air tight container
Type of chillies – If you cannot find African Birds eye Chillies, use any fresh red chillies that are hot. Test your chillies before you blend as every chilli is different. If your still not sure add one chilli at a time to the blender so you can really control the spice level to your preferred taste.
Consistency of the Peri Peri sauce – If your sauce is too thick you can either add more oil or water to the sauce, this will also reduce the spice level, so feel free to add more chillies to keep you sauce hot if desired
How to preseve the sauce – Peri Peri sauce can keep for up to two weeks in the fridge. As it is a fresh homemade sauce, the sauce should be refrigerated and not stored in a cupboard at an ambient temperature. Shake the bottle before each use, as the sauce does separate due to no artificial preservatives or artificial stabilisers in the recipe.
Type of bottle to store the Peri Peri sauce – an airtight glass bottles are best for preserving the Peri Peri sauce.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: African
Keywords: Sauces, Peri Peri Sauce, Nandos, Peri Peri Chicken, Condiments