This easy Pepperoni Homemade Pizza is such a great quick weeknight dinner or perfect for parties. Using such a simple no yeast pizza dough with no need to proof and rise! You have try this recipe out!
OR store bought ready to roll uncooked pizza dough
- Canned chopped tomatoes – ½ Cup – (3 x tablespoons per pizza
- Parmesan cheese 2 x tablespoons (per pizza)
- Pepperoni slices – 60g / 1/3cup (per pizza)
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese – 65g / 1/3 cup (per pizza)Extra Flour for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celcius / 400 Fahrenheit / Gas mark 6. Place your oven tray or pizza stone into oven to pre heat also.
- To make the pizza base lightly flour a clean surface, place the NO YEAST PIZZA DOUGH ball/or ready to roll pizza dough onto the surface/worktop. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circular pizza disk shape, with a thin crust.
- Carefully take your pizza stone/tray out of the oven. Place the rolled-out pizza dough on top of the hot tray/stone. You can turn the edges of the pizza in on itself and crimp to achieve a thick crust or leave as is. Use a fork to poke the base slightly to prevent rising in the centre. Ensure not to poke the fork all the way through the pizza base.
- Add a layer of chopped tomatoes, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and then finally top with pepperoni slices.
- Add your pizza sauce and toppings, then bake for 12 – 14 minutes
Make sure you add your pizza stone/Oven tray into the oven in advance to preheat to ensure you have a super crispy base + speed up cooking times
Do not put too much sauce and toppings on the pizza dough, as you risk the pizza base becoming soggy and it will not crisp up in the oven
You can also use pre-made ready to roll pizza dough for this recipe to cheat and save time! Check the cooking instructions and the packet as cooking times will vary.
The best type of tomatoes for pizza sauce are canned San Marzano Tomatoes from Italy which you can find in most supermarkets or online.
For a richer cheese taste, you can substitute the mozzarella cheese for mature cheddar cheese
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pizza, Bread, Baking, Pizza Dough, pepperoni