This homemade air fryer chocolate granola recipe is so easy to make in just 15 minutes! Its the perfect wholesome breakfast or snack, as the granola is made with chocolate protein powder and delicous pieces of hazlenut, dried coconut, rolled oats and much more!
- Rolled Oats – 3 x Cups /275g
- Hazelnuts (Whole) – ½ Cup / 55g
- Flaked coconut shavings – ½ Cup / 25g
- Dark Chocolate Chips – ½ Cup / 100g
- Chocolate Protein Powder – ½ Cup / 90g
- Coconut oil (Melted) – ½ cup / 100ml
- Vanilla extract – 2 x tablespoons
- Peanut butter – 1 x teaspoon
- Maple syrup – ½ cup / 120ml
- Add the oats, hazelnuts & chocolate protein powder to a large bowl, then mix.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Once combined pour over the dry hazelnut, oats and protein powder mixture. Stir the mixture with a large spoon until combined.
- Pour the granola mixture directly into your air fryer basket, no need to line the base. (it’s okay if some of the granola hits the bottom of the air fryer basket)
- Air fry for 6 minutes at 170°c / 340°f, then use a fork to separate and mix the granola mixture within the air fryer basket. Cook for a further 3 minutes and again break up the granola with a fork. Finally air fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the air fryer by pouring over a grease proof / parchment paper lined oven tray. Once cooled sprinkle the chocolate chips and coconut flakes over the granola. Serve straight away with your choice of dairy/plant based milk or add to a yogurt or smoothie bowl!
- Store the remaining granola in an air tight jar, it will keep for 2-3 weeks, but I am sure you would have eaten it all by then! ☺
- Don’t add the chocolate chips until the granola has cooled fully otherwise the chocolate will melt!
- I prefer to use organic jumbo rolled oats for the best results in this recipe
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Frying
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: granola, air fryer, chocolate, protein, Hazelnut , breakfast, high protein