This Homemade Air fryer Garlic Parmesan Truffle Fries recipe requires minimal effort, tastes amazing and is so easy to make! These fresh, healthy and crispy seasoned French fries are the best for dinner, lunch or a delicious snack!
- Baking potatoes / Russet potatoes – 2 x large potatoes
- Fresh garlic – 3 x cloves (finely chopped or minced)
- Parmesan cheese (grated) – 30g / ¼ cup
- Ground Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ x teaspoon or more to your preferred taste
- Truffle oil – 1 x Tablespoon
- Fresh parsley – Large handful chopped
- Air fryer prep: firstly, preheat your air fryer
- Cutting the fries: Slice the peeled or skin on potatoes into large disks, stack half of the potato disks on top of each other to create a pile, then slice vertically to create long potato batons / fries, repeat the step again with the remaining pile of potato disks. (check tips below the recipe card)
- Air frying the fries: Place the fries into the air fryer, spray vegetable oil over the potatoes and use a tong to mix and evenly spread the fries on the air fryer basket. The fries should not be overlapping each other, so you can cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cooking time and temperature: Air fry for 10 minutes at 170c/340f then shake the basket or use a tong to flip the fries over and air fry for another 5 – 8 minutes.
- Seasoning the fries: Add the crispy fries into a large bowl and pour over the garlic, parmesan cheese, truffle oil, parsley, black pepper, salt and gently mix with kitchen tongs until all the fries are coated with the seasonings. The garlic parmesan truffle fries are now ready to serve!
You can add more salt to taste if required.
Cook the fries in batches if you have a smaller air fryer, to prevent the fries from becoming soggy.
When making French fries, soaking the sliced potatoes in water before air frying can help to remove some of the starch in the potatoes. This will stop the potatoes from sticking together and increase the crispiness of the fries. It’s not essential to do this for my air fryer garlic parmesan truffle fries’ recipe. However, if you would like to pre-soak the fries before air frying, then add to a bowl of cold water and let them sit for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry before adding to the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 18
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Frying
- Cuisine: Italian / French
Keywords: Air fryer fries, garlic, truffle, parmesan, homemade, french, easy recipe, dinner, chips