Crispy, Sweet and Healthy Copycat Air Fryer Orange Chicken inspired by the PF Chang’s Asian Table restaurant! This easy recipe is so mouth-wateringly good! The combination of juicy chicken thighs coated in a sweet and TASTY orange peel sauce is soo DELICIOUS!!
Crispy air fried chicken
- Boneless chicken thighs – 1 pound / 450g
Cornflour/ corn starch – 1 x Cup / 150g
Egg whites – 2 x eggs
Salt – 1 x teaspoon
Ground white pepper – 1 x teaspoon
Garlic Powder – 1 x tablespoon
Vegetable oil (in a spray bottle)
Freshly squeezed orange juice – 1 x Cup / 240ml / or 3-4 Oranges
Orange Zest – 1 x teaspoon
Light Soy Sauce – 4 x tablespoons
Rice wine vinegar – 1 x tablespoon
Fresh garlic cloves – 2 x cloves minced
Fresh ginger 1 x teaspoon minced
Siracha sauce – 1 x teaspoon
Granulated white sugar – 1/3 cup / 66g
Sesame seed oil – 1 x teaspoon
Corn-starch/ cornflour – 1 x teaspoon (dissolved in 2-3 teaspoons of water to make a paste)
- Air fryer prep: Preheat the air fryer
- Prepare chicken batter: Add the diced chicken thighs into a large bowl, pour in the egg whites, then mix. In a separate large bowl mix the dry ingredients together (cornflour, salt, white pepper, garlic powder).
- Dredging the chicken: Pour the seasoned flour into a large food bag, slightly drain off the excess egg whites on the chicken, place into the food bag and seal. Shake the food bag continuously until each piece of chicken is coated. Use your hands to massage the chicken into the flour to ensure each piece is coated well.
- Air fry: Brush or spray the air fryer basket with a light layer of oil. Shake off the excess flour from the chicken and then place into the air fryer. Spray or brush the top of the dredged chicken with oil before cooking. Air fry the chicken for 15 minutes at 170°C / 340 °F , turning the chicken pieces half way through the cooking process.
- Making the orange sauce: Whilst the chicken is in the air fryer heat a pan to a medium level, add all the orange sauce ingredients listed into the pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 6-8 until the sauce is thick in consistency.
- Final step: Mix together the cooked air fryer chicken pieces and orange sauce in a large serving bowl. Serve with rice or noodles and enjoy!
- Do not overload the air fryer basket, cook in batches if you own a smaller air fryer model.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Air Frying
- Cuisine: Asain
Keywords: orange chicken, air fryer chicken, chicken, sweet and sour