These breakfast burritos are full of protein, taste delicious and are super easy to make for meal prep!
5 x burrito servings
Macronutrients : Carbs 43g / Fat 21.5g / Protein 31.7g / Calories – 496
- Tesco Turkey sausages : 8 x sausages/ (454g sausage meat)
- Dried sage – 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh tomato salsa – 200g (1 small pot)
- Baby spinach – 4 large handfuls
- Eggs x 8
- Mission tortilla wraps x 5
- Frylight oil cooking spray
- Avocado oil – 1 teaspoon
- Hot sauce
- Remove the skin casing from the turkey sausages. Place into a bowl then season with sage, onion powder, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Use your hands to combine the seasoning with the sausage meat. Saute in a pan with some oil spray until the sausage meat is crispy and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and scramble in a medium heated pan with some avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper as a base. You can add extra seasonings and spice at this stage to suit your palate. Remove from the pan once the eggs are fluffy, then set aside to cool.
- Once the eggs have completely cooled down, assemble the breakfast burritos and wrap with greaseproof paper or tin foil. You can pre wrap all the burritos in advance or make them throughout the week and store the ingredients in the fridge.
- To reheat the wraps straight from the fridge, microwave for 2 minutes on a plate. Make sure you remove the foil/greaseproof paper before forehand. Then toast in a dry pan for a few minutes on each side to crisp up the tortilla wrap.
- You could also reheat in an air fryer. Remove the foil/paper and air fry for 6 minutes at 180°C / 32°F