Creamy Roast Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese is soo easy to make. This velvety, smooth, and luxurious mash potatoes recipe is made with simple wholesome ingredients. It’s the perfect side dish!Print
Creamy Roast Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese is soo easy to make. This velvety, smooth, and luxurious mash potatoes recipe is made with simple wholesome ingredients. It’s the perfect side dish!
- Maris piper potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes – 2kg / 2.2pounds (1.5kg ounce peeled approximately)
- Cream cheese – 1 tablespoon
- Double cream/heavy cream – ½ cup / 120ml
- Full fat milk – ¼ cup / 60ml
- Onion – 1 peeled whole onion halved
- Grated parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup
- Cold salted butter cubes – 3-5 tablespoons, then melt
Rosemary – 3-4 sprigs
Table salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
Air Roasted Garlic
Whole garlic bulb, sea salt, pepper, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, olive oil & butter.
Chopped chives & extra melted butter, salt & pepper
- Roasted Garlic: Slice the top half of a whole garlic bulb off. Place in the center of a square piece of aluminum foil / tin foil, pour over olive oil, top with a pinch of sea salt, salt, pepper, a small cube of butter and a few springs of fresh thyme and rosemary. Wrap the garlic with the foil securing the opening to form a parcel. Air fry for 20 minutes at 200°C/390°F, leave to cool once cooked.
- Boiling the potatoes: Prepare a large pot with boiling water and a generous amount of salt. Peel and cut potatoes into small equal chunks. Add the potato, onions, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme (optional – I like to tie the fresh herbs with cooking string) and boil until the potatoes are tender this will take 12-15 minutes.
- Cream & Milk: Whilst the potatoes are boiling heat the milk and cream in a saucepan or microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Draining the potatoes: Remove the onion and rosemary pieces from the pot. Pour the potatoes into a drainer. Add the cooked potatoes into a large bowl, squeeze over the roasted garlic, the bulbs should fall out. Mash the potatoes and garlic mixture with a potato ricer or traditional masher utensil.
- Making the mash: Once the mash is combined place the pot back to the stove on a low to medium heat. Add in the mashed potatoes and garlic mixture, pour over the hot milk/cream, melted butter, salt, pepper. Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until the mashed potatoes are creamy and smooth. Mix in the cream cheese and grated parmesan, continue to stir until combined.
- Best serving suggestion: Serve hot, garnish with melted butter, chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add extra salt and pepper to taste if required
- Add the milk and cream mixture gradually to the mashed potatoes, if you prefer a firmer mash add less or add more for a creamier/puree texture
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Creamy Mashed potatoes, Roast Garlic, Mash, Potatoes, Cream Cheese