This Crispy Cajun Caesar Salad recipe is Amazing! It’s LOADED with Spicy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, a EASY Homemade Caesar Dressing and paired with crisp romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese and delicious croutons! It makes such a delicious lunch or dinner salad!
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Grated parmesan cheese – 3 x tablespoons
- Garlic clove – x 1
- Tinned Anchovies – x 3 fillets
- Fresh Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Dijon Mustard – x 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 x tablespoon
- Black pepper – ½ tablespoon
- Mayonnaise – 1 ½ Mayo / 345g
Air Fryer Crispy Cajun Chicken
- Chicken breast tenderloins – 450g/1 pound
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups/130g
- Egg x 1
- Cajun seasoning 4 x tablespoons
- Red chilli Flakes – (optional 1 x teaspoon)
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Pepper ½ tablespoon
- Vegetable oil Spray bottle
- Romaine or cos lettuce – chopped
- Extra Parmesan cheese for topping
- Croutons – use store bought or try out my How to make croutons in an air fryer recipe
Air fryer crispy chicken
- Add the chicken tenders to a bowl then mix with 2 x tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning and 1 x tablespoon of salt.
- Then prepare another two bowls, 1 with the egg whisked and another with the combined flour, remaining 2 x tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, ½ black pepper and 1 x tablespoon of salt.
- Dip the seasoned chicken into the egg mixture, then place into the seasoned flour and shake off the excess before placing into the air fryer basket. You might need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spray the chicken tenders with a generous amount of oil whilst in the basket Air Fry for 10 – 12 minutes at 180◦C / 350◦F, flip over at 6 minutes and spray again with oil as there will be some flour patches on the chicken. Once cooked remove from the basket and set aside.
Homemade Caesar dressing
- Whilst the chicken is cooking add the dressing ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth. You may need to stop midway to scrape down the sides with a specular to ensure all the ingredients are blended into a smooth sauce.
- Assemble the salad by mixing some of the Caesar dressing with the chopped lettuce in a large bowl. Add croutons and sliced pieces of the air fried crispy Cajun chicken tenders! You can add extra shavings of parmesans cheese to the salad.
- Check the spice and salt level of the Cajun seasoning, some can be more salty or spicier than others, adjust the recipe to your personal taste preference where needed.
- Spray the chicken tenders generously with oil before air frying. Half way through cooking repeat the process to remove any seasoned flour patches on the chicken tenders.
- The excess Caesar salad dressing should be refrigerated and stored for up to 1 week.
- If you don’t have an Air Fryer Oven baked instructions can be in the body of this post, scroll up for more details
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Air Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Air fryer, Caesar Salad, Caesar homemade dressing, chicken tenders, spicy chicken, Cajun, croutons