This pizza dough recipe, without yeast, is so quick to make by hand or with a stand mixer! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner using only 2 ingredients, Greek Yogurt & Self raising flour! You will not be ordering takeout pizza anymore once you master easy homemade pizza making!
No Yeast Pizza Dough Ingredients
- Self Raising Flour – 200g / 3 x cups
- Greek Yogurt – 520g / 2 ½ Cups
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celcius / 400 Fahrenheit / Gas mark 6. Put your oven tray or pizza stone in the oven to pre heat also.
- Add the sieved self-raising flour & Greek yogurt to a large mixing bowl. (Add 1 x tablespoon of salt – optional for extra flavour)
- Mix the flour and yogurt with your hands or with the bread attachment of a stand mixer, until a rough dough forms.
- Flour a clean surface/worktop, pour out the dough, kneed with your hands pulling the dough back on itself each time. The dough should eventually form a smooth texture, then shape into a large ball and cut into two.
- To make the Pizza base re flour a clean surface, take one of the dough balls and lightly dust with flour on top. Then use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circular pizza disk shape.
- Carefully take your pizza stone/tray out of the oven. Place the rolled-out pizza dough on top of the hot tray/stone. You can turn the edges of the pizza in on itself and crimp to achieve a thick crust or leave as is.
- Use a fork to poke the pizza base slightly to prevent rising in the centre. Ensure not to poke the fork all the way through the pizza dough.
- Add your pizza sauce and toppings, then bake for 12 – 14 minutes
- Set aside extra flour for kneading and flouring your surface/pizza tray when ready to bake
- Use a fork to poke the base slightly to prevent rising in the centre. Ensure not to poke the fork all the way through the pizza dough base.
- Add 1 x tablespoon of salt & garlic powder to the self-raising flour, this is optional to add extra flavour to dough
- To refrigerate the dough, place in a bowl and then cover clingfilm wrap to store. When ready to use the dough, flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a pizza disk shape ready for toppings.
- Make sure you add your pizza stone/Oven tray into the oven to preheat to ensure you have a super crispy base + speed up cooking times
- Don’t put too much sauce and toppings on the pizza dough, as you risk the pizza base becoming soggy and not crispy
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pizza, Bread, Baking, Pizza Dough