Tender, Sizzling AIR FRYER Lamb Chops infused with a Greek style marinade with lemon juice, aromatic herbs, fresh garlic and olive oil. This easy to make recipe is a must try dish!
What are lamb chops
Lamb chops is one of the most expensive parts of lamb. The lamb chop, also known as lamb cutlets, has a lot of flavour and are very tender. Lamb chops taste amazing when cooked in the Air Fryer, grilled or pan fried. Lamb chops are individual cuts of meat with the bone in, however they derive from a rack of lamb which is cut into smaller pieces. Rack of lamb can typically be cooked as a whole joint of meat. Popular recipes for rack of lamb include herb crusted / crumbed rack of lamb or brushed with Dijon mustard and roasted in an oven.
What part of the lamb is the lamb chop
A lamb chop comes from the rib of the lamb, the rack is then cut into smaller chops / cutlets / lollipops.
What’s the difference between lamb chops and lamb loin chops?
A loin of lamb is taken from the mid-section of the waist between the rib and sirloin. Loin chops have a t bone in the middle and a different more rounder shape compared to Lamb chops.
What does frenched lamb chops mean
French trimmed lamb chops is the process of cleaning the lamb chop bone to remove the excess sinew and membrane, by using a sharp knife to scrape off the excess meat/membrane. The bone should appear clean and almost off white. It remains like this throughout grilling or cooking in the air fryer.
What to season lamb chops with
Lamb chops work incredibly well with a Greek style marinade! The combination of seasonings, fresh herbs, lemon juice and garlic taste amazing! Here are some other amazing ways to season and marinate lamb chops.
- Herb crusted Lamb chops
- Tandoori Lamb Chops
- Harissa Lamb chops
- Barbequed Lamb chops
How to marinate lamb chops
The best way to marinate lamb chops to maximise their flavour before air frying is to add the lamb chops into a large bowl, add seasonings, cover and refrigerate overnight. The longer the lamb chops sit in the marinade the more delicious and tastier the lamb will be once cooked.
How to cook lamb chops in an air fryer
Cooking lamb chops in an air fryer is super easy and fuss free. All you need to do is add the marinated lamb chops into the basket, then air fry and ensure you flip the lamb chops over on the other side halfway through cooking.
How long do you cook lamb chops in air fryer?
Lamb chops take 8 minutes minimum to cook in the air fryer for medium results. You can cook for a further 2 + minutes for a more well-done lamb chops. The thickness of the lamb chops will affect the cooking time, thinner cut lamb chops will cook a lot quicker than thicker cut lamb chops. Adjust the cook times accordingly.
What temperature to cook lamb chops
Lamb chops should be cooked in the air fryer at 190°C / 375°F for 8 – 10 minutes.
Why are my lamb chops tough
Lamb chops when overcooked are very tough which is not great. To prevent this follow the cook times and also remove the chops from the air fryer as soon as they are cooked. If you keep the lamb chops inside the air fryer, they will continue cooking.
What goes with air fryer lamb chops
Air fryer Lamb Chops are so versatile as they can be eaten appetiser / side dish or as a main meal for dinner. Here are some great sides that go well with lamb chops.
- Truffle fries – try out my AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN TRUFFLE FRIES here!
- With mashes potatoes and gravy
- Honey glazed carrots
- Dauphinoise potatoes
- Caesar salad – try out my CAJUN AIR FRYER CRISPY CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD RECIPE here!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN AIR FRYER
Air frying is such a great way of cooking food! The popular small counter top electric air fryer convection oven, mimics the process of “frying food” without having to deep fry in oil! Here are some of the top benefits of cooking with an air fryer;
- Healthier – Air frying is a much healthier alternative to deep or shallow frying food. Up to 80% less fat can be achieved in certain air fried meals by using this cooking method rather than frying conventionally in oil.
- Even cooking – Because the fan in an air fryer circulates at a high speed within a small space, food tends to crisp up quicker and cook evenly throughout.
- Time efficient – Although some air fryers have a pre heat setting, air fryers generally heat up very quickly. Due to their size, cook times are substantially lower compared to an oven, which can take up to 15 minutes to pre heat fully and come up to temperature.
- Easy to use – Air fryers are very easy to use and are a great kitchen tool for cooks that might not be as confident in the kitchen.
- Saves space – As air fryers are small and portable, they are great for people who may not have access to a fully functioning kitchen. For example a college student or someone who lives in a studio apartment where you may not have access to a full size oven.
- Versatility – Air fryers are probably the most versatile kitchen gadgets available. Not only can you air fry food, you can also bake, grill, toast, steam and roast ingredients in the air fryer.
How many calories in a lamb chop
There are 131 calories in one lamb chop. The calories in a chop will mainly vary vastly depending on whether the excess fat has been trimmed down. I like to keep this on as it has a lot of flavour and most of the fat renders down whilst cooking in the air fryer.
Are lamb chops healthy
Lamb chops are a great source of protein within a balance diet. There are 16.5g of protein per lamb chop in this recipe.
Tender, Sizzling AIR FRYER Lamb Chops infused with a Greek style marinade with lemon juice, aromatic herbs and garlic and olive oil. This easy to make recipe is a must try dish!
- Lamb chops/Lamb cutlets – 9 x chops (approximately 720g / 1.5 pounds)
- Fresh lemon juice – Juice from 1 x lemon
- Olive oil – 2 x tablespoons
- Ground black pepper – 1 x teaspoon
- Dried Thyme – 1 x teaspoon
- Dried Oregano – 1 x teaspoon
- Fresh garlic – 4 x cloves (finely chopped or minced)
- Salt – 1 x teaspoons
- Air fryer prep: Preheat the air fryer
Marinating the lamb chops: Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (excluding the fresh thyme) and mix until the Lamb chops are fully marinated.
Air frying lamb chops: Place the lamb chops into the air fryer, you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your model. Air fry for 8 minutes at 190°C / 375°F, flip halfway through cooking. If you would like the lamb chops to be well done cook for a further 2+ minutes.
Plating: Serve with lemon wedges and top the cooked lamb chops with freshly chopped thyme or any other green herbs.
Do not overlap the lamb chops whilst air frying as this will prevent them from getting crispy and cooking properly.
The thickness of the lamb chops will affect the cooking time, thinner cut lamb chops will cook a lot quicker than thicker cut lamb chops. Adjust the cook times accordingly.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Appetiser
- Method: Air frying
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Air fryer, Lamb Chops, meat, air fried lamb, lamb cutlets